I didn’t know Mike personally – would have LOVED to get the chance to meet him. I instantly became a big fan after watching him during a H2H Fishing livestream. Take a scroll thru his FB page and you’ll see thousands of comments, photos and memories folks have been sharing in his honor. He obviously had a major impact on every life he touched, and will continue to do so while he’s gone fishin’ in Heaven. Rest in peace, fishing brother. 🙏✝️ Prayers to the family.
2. WA dude got paid $61K for catching non-native fish!
Called northern pikeminnow:
> To reduce the pikeminnow population, the Northern Pikeminnow Sport Reward Program pays people who register and then turn in the pikeminnow they catch on the Columbia and Snake rivers.
> Last season payments started at $5 per fish. Next season it will pay $6 each for the first 25 pikeminnow, $8 each for 26 to 200 fish and $10 for each after 200. In addition, specially tagged pikeminnow are worth $500.
Apparently he turned in 7,185 of the buggers. And that doesn’t even count the 1,700 pikeminnow his wife caught, too. 🤣 I want in on this lol.
3. MN: The Glorvigens are heading to the Fishing HOF.
I know you’ve already heard of Wired2Fish, and we’ve got Marty and Scott Glorvigen to thank for that (among a pile of other fishy things, of course). Big congrats, fellas! 🙌 Well deserved.
4. WI schools can get DNR $ for “angler education.”
Need to apply for the grant by Feb 15.
5. MN: Sea Grant study trying to increase in-state golden shiner production.
6. WI: Couple Humminbird training workshops coming up.
In Green Bay (Feb 26) and Eau Claire (Mar 12). Learn how to REALLY use your Humminbird units from The Technological Angler. 👊 Guy can run ’em with his eyes closed.
7. MN scientists want to look for toxic tire chemical in streams.
They think it might be killing coho salmon in urban streams before the fish can spawn.
8. YOLOtek PowerStick Gen4 is on sale.
Normally $90 but on sale for $69.99. If you still haven’t seen/gotten a YOLOTek PowerStick to video all your missed hooksets and dropped fish, do it! Mounts right in your nav light port and keeps your camera fully charged. I’ve been running one for 5-ish years now = slick units.
9. Ice fishing etiquette: 10 things you should never do….
10. Shimano fishing sales were up 28% in 2021.