8. Yamaha created a Marine Connected Division.
They also revealed plans for a new Marine Innovation Center in Kennesaw, GA and a big expansion of its testing facility in Bridgeport, AL.
> The all-new Marine Innovation Center, a 75,280 sq-ft facility near Yamaha Marine’s headquarters in Kennesaw, GA, will house the Yamaha Marine Connected Division as well as the US Marine Development and Planning Division.
> Yamaha also plans to expand its test facility in Bridgeport, AL, adding 5,900 sq ft of office space and 8,000 sq ft of boat storage. The test facility will hire testing technicians and system engineers to accommodate for the growth.
9. Lowrance updated its phone app.
Satellite view capability, track sharing, and weather overlay on the charts, which includes “pressure, precipitation, air temperature, wind and gust.”
10. Garmin had a solid Q4.
> Revenue from the marine segment grew 14%…. Gross margin and operating margins were 54% and 20%, respectively, resulting in $39 mil of operating income.
11. Hobie kayaks has a new VP…
…of global sales, service and marketing = Kelley Woolsey, who has over 30 yrs of water sports and lifestyle brand experience.
12. IGFA award winners announced.
13. Some more strange fish studies.
Sometimes they’re interesting…sometimes they make you wonder who is paying to have this done LOL. Here’s a few more to ponder from the last couple days:
– Scientists demonstrate self-awareness in fish.
– Cod ‘supergenes’ reveal how they are evolving in response to overfishing.
– ‘Freeze or flee’ reactions run in fish families.
Learn something new every day? 🤷♂️