I’ve got to share this funny comment under the vid from Joe Gardell:
> “One of my biggest mistakes was cutting open a stomach to show my boys what they were eating. I’ve yet to be able to filet a fish around my kids, without cutting open every single stomach from then on!!!”
7. ND: Lake Ashtabula Ice Fishing Derby canceled.
Due to excessive snow = slush and poor ice conditions.
8. MN: Virtual “Hooked on Itasca” ice derby, Jan 28 – Feb 6.
Thru the FishDonkey app and benefiting United Way of 1000 Lakes.
9. NY: 36th annual ice fishing contest at Grafton Lakes State Park…
…happening Jan 15.
10. NY: Greater Niagara Fishing and Outdoor Expo canceled.
11. John Acosta is the new marketing VP at Costa.
> Before joining Costa, Acosta served as the VP of marketing & business development at Major League Fishing where he was responsible for brand building and strategic partnerships…. Prior to MLF, Acosta served as the director of marketing for Bass Pro Shops for 12 years.
12. SIMMS acquired The River’s Edge Fly Shop.
13. MI: Black Lake sturgeon season set for Feb 5.
The total season limit (for everyone) is 6 sturgeon. Sounds like the “season” usually closes within about 1 hour of opening…so don’t blink!
14. Al’s Goldfish Lure Co celebrates its 70th anniversary.
15. WV is trying to get people to fish for more species.
> The [DNR] this week launched its “Master Angler” program. To qualify…a fisherman needs to catch 22 different species of fish in state waters. Those are divided into a series of 6 “slams.” A slam needs to be completed in a calendar year.
> “As fishing has evolved people have gotten to where they say, ‘I’m a bass fisherman’ or ‘I’m a cat fisherman’ or ‘I only chase musky.’ That’s great, everybody has their favorite fish, but when we started fishing we didn’t care what was on the other end of the line,” said Mark Scott, assistant chief for fisheries….
16. Bass Pro Shops can’t keep $6 trucker hats in stock.
I’m blaming TikTok’ers for this….