Of course for BIG boats with multiple outboards on the back…but considering there’s walleye rigs out there taking 450s now, it’s just a matter of time before this comes to our side of the boating world.
> The industry’s first 2‑speed automatic transmission for an outboard optimizes engine rpm according to workload, facilitating powerful acceleration and highly efficient performance at cruise.
> The industry’s first steerable gearcase on an outboard pivots independently underwater while the engine’s powerhead remains in a space‑saving fixed position. This provides more room for multi‑engine configurations [or when walleye-nuts try to squeeze a kicker motor, 2 Talons and a Minn Kota Vantage all on the back but still want to steer 🤪] and a wider steering angle for agile handling. With help from contra‑rotating propellers, it also has better “bite” in the water for docking and other close‑quarters maneuvering.
5. NWT gets couple more new sponsors
Nitro and Lucas Oil.
And registration is now open for the 2021 NWT season – here’s another look at the schedule:
- Aprl 29-30 – Missouri River (Chamberlain, SD)
- May 27-28 – Sturgeon Bay, WI
- Jun 24-25 – Lake Erie (Huron, OH)
- Jul 29-30 – Lake Oahe (Mobridge, SD)
- Championship – Sept 22-24 – Otter Tail Lake, MN
6. MN: Fishing for Ducks, Mille Lacs, Feb 19-21
The largest Ducks Unlimited event in the nation is a fishing derby.
7. CT: Candlewood Lake in danger of being overrun by zeebz?
8. WY: Flaming Gorge Rez doesn’t have invasive zeebz yet…
…but the GFD is preparing for when/if they do, and wants your input to help finalize their “rapid response plans.”
Few of the changes boaters might (immediately) see if mussels are detected:
- Close reservoir to all shore launching and close Brinegar’s Ferry and Upper Marsh Creek boat ramps.
- Limit boat launching and trailering to Firehole Canyon, Buckboard Crossing and Anvil Draw ramps.
- Establish exit check stations at or near each of the three open boat ramps.
- Require inspections for all exiting watercraft and, if necessary, decontamination.
- Begin construction on strategically placed highway check stations.
9. MI: Black Lake sturgeon spearing szn lasted 2 hrs.
10. WI: Lake Winnebago sturgeon spearing opener tomorrow.
11. MB: Free family fishing weekend Feb 13-15.
> This weekend you won’t need a fishing licence anywhere in Manitoba, except in national parks. …anglers without a licence will be able to catch up to the conservation licence limit of fish.
12. VA has new fees at state-owned ramps.