There’s tons of high-school bassin’ events (which of course is amazing!) but LOVE to see them branching off into some walleye fishing for the kiddos. 👊
2. WI: Merc National tourney happenin’ June 11-12.
Registration opens Mar 21 (believe they fill up with 300 teams every year) for the 44th-annual derby on Lake Winnebago.
The top prize = a Lund 1875 Impact XS with a Mercury 150XL Pro XS + $5K cash. Total package valued at OVER $50K! Updated payouts here for the rest of the field.
3. Updated 2022 NWT schedule.
• Mar 31 – Apr 1: Trenton, MI – Detroit River only
• Apr 28-29: Chamberlain, SD – Missouri River
• Jun 9-10: Prairie du Chien, WI – Mississippi River
• Jul 14-15: Marinette, WI – Bay of Green Bay
• Aug 24-26: Championship – Dunkirk NY – Lake Erie
Which event are you most excited about? 🔨
4. Updated 2022 MWC schedule:
• Mar 18-19: Illinois River – Spring Valley, IL
• Apr 22-23: Lake Erie – Sandusky, OH
• May 20-21: Big Stone Lake – Ortonville, MN
• Jun 3-4: Bay of Green Bay – Marinette, WI
• Jun 17-18: Lake Huron – Oscoda, MI
• Aug 19-20: Lake Oahe – Gettysburg, SD
• Sep 16-17: Cass Lake – Cass Lake, MN
Qualifying teams from the 2022 MWC tournament season will get to fish the 2023 MWC World Walleye Championship on Lake Sharpe (Pierre, SD) Oct 5-7.
Btw the 2022 MWC World Walleye Championship is happening Sept 29 – Oct 1 on the Bay of Green Bay.
5. MN: Joe Henry named “Tourism Professional of the Year.”
> Joe Henry, executive director of Lake of the Woods Tourism, was named “Tourism Professional of the Year” for his work on behalf of the MN tourism industry.
> “In addition to serving on local industry boards and commissions, including the Minnesota Association of Convention and Visitors Bureaus and the Association of Great Lakes Outdoor Writers, Henry has brought major global events to MN and created key alliances with the MN DNR, U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, CAN and the province of ON.
> “Henry is constantly working with media outlets, municipalities, economic development groups and other civic, public and private organizations to spotlight MN tourism.”
Big congrats Joe!
6. MN’s largest muskie show is this weekend.
The Minnesota Muskie Expo is happening right now in the Warner Coliseum at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds. Heard those folks will walk around the show all weekend just for a shot at seeing 1 big
fish bait hahaha.
7. OH has 18 new natural resources officers on the job.
8. WA: 3.5 mil+ salmon fry lost to flooding event.
> “…extreme flooding resulted in significant debris in the hatchery’s water intake system.”
9. Plastic pollution could contribute to the spread of invasives?