Today’s Top 4
Susan G., Lake of the Prairies, MB, 31″ and 13.5 lbs. And…how ’bout barbless!
> They had seen a large Mark on their flasher come in and out a few times but would not take the Lures they had been using. Susan told Roger she was going to tie on a 1/4-oz PK Flutterfish firetiger pattern.
After an epic 5-min battle the monster was on the ice and in Susan’s arms. Susan could hardly speak and was shaking! (Add a tear or two!)
Way to go, Susan!
What a tank! TWI reader Rob H. with another Lake Ontario sow:
12lb-class fish smashed a Size 12 Rapala Jointed Husky Jerk.
Dudes didn’t give the lakers a break either!
13.5″ sumo perch caught by 11yo Ryan E. A Northland Buck-Shot Spoon sealed the deal:
A pair of Devils Lake jumbos from 9yo Graci:
Big grins in the awesome Devils Lake public fish cleaning house:
The face says it all!
> The initial investigation points to propane devices used for heat were not properly ventilated and there were unsafe levels of carbon monoxide inside the structure, the release said.
> When you are in an enclosed space, DO pay attention to flu-like symptoms, especially if more than one person has them. Headache, dizziness, confusion, fatigue and feeling sick to your stomach are all common symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Grim reminder to all those spending time on the ice. RIP, fishing brother.
The next day that ice could be across the lake. Just ask Capt. Ross Robertson:
Make sure you note the special code for Target Walleye/Ice subscribers!
- Generates maps in real-time, right on units.
- No uploading to the Cloud or any servers.
- Super bright screens.
- Networkable with any Ethernet-capable units, iPilot Link, etc.
- Work with new LakeMaster PLUS cards that offer satellite aerial overlay.
- Price tag? Units start at $699.99. Su-weeet!
- Catching Winter Panfish, Wed, Jan 20.
- Ice Fishing for Lake Trout on Winnipesaukee, Wed, Jan 27.
Matt M. mining Lake Simcoe, a 14.75″ bar of gold on Lunkerhunt’s Magic Bean:
Tip of the Day
Quote of the Day
You know fishing’s good when the fish will hit cigarette butts.
– Outdoor writer Brad Dokken spilling the beans on the epic backcountry trout lakes of Red Lake Reservation.