> “…concentrated on locating specific fish, using Lowrance’s Active Target, moving slowly as to not spook them out of the shallow, clear water of Cass Lake. A simple jig/minnow combo pitched at each fish seen on the electronics produced enough to secure the win. It wasn’t a numbers game the duo played, it was more so a methodical execution of each move, knowing they didn’t need many bites, but only a few of the right ones.”
Huge props, fellas!
4. MWC World Walleye Championship happenin’ right now.
Lake City, MN.
5. MN: Fishing to End Hunger charity tourney happening tomorrow.
On Gull Lake. Sounds like they’ve got 114 teams signed-up and swinging for the fences trying to claim the 1st-place payday of $15K. Good luck, all!
6. WY: 480K walleye stocked into 3 reservoirs.
Grayrocks, Hawk Springs and Wheatland reservoirs. The walleye were raised in outdoor ponds at the Garrison National Fish Hatchery in ND…so you know they’re gonna grow fast and be catchable on artificials up shallow all year long lol.
7. PA: Study shows Lower Allegheny River has more…
…legal-sized walleye (>15″) than Kittanning and Templeton pools.
8. WI: Some more ‘eyes being stocked in the Menominee River.
More stocking is always a good thing 👊 but I had a tough time focusing on the info in that write-up ‘cuz the dude who wrote it called ’em “walleye fish” and also said they’re “known for their dark eyes” lol.
9. What’s Berkley got up their sleeves now?
Some sort of a prototype crankbait that can even catch ’em out of a barn lol: