1. OH: Tourney cheaters are off to serve their 10-day jail sentences…
2. IA: Dude wins $5K by catching tagged walleye on Spirit Lake.
Caught it off his dock! And it would have been worth $41K had he caught it during the contest. There’s still 9 specially tagged walleyes left out there, with cash prizes being paid to the next 2 that are caught.
3. OH: There’s a “Summer Walleye Slam” happening on Lake Erie.
Register your single biggest walleye between May 29 – Jun 25 for a chance to win a nearly-$100K boat package off just a $36 ticket.
4. Treat every outdoor adventure like it might be the last….
Powerful read from Scott Mackenthun. Especially having a young daughter me-self.
5. MN: Legendary Leech Lake guide Al Maas fishes on!
> A 2019 stroke and accident left him almost entirely paralyzed, but 85-yr-old Al Maas…keeps looking forward to the walleye opener. [He will be] lifted by four friends into his boat and strapped into a seat to join his 21-yr-old grandson, Grant – like his grandfather, a guide – for a good time on the water.
Good luck out there fellas and have a fantastic day!
6. Ep 2 of “Tour Level Gold” drops TONIGHT on YouTube.
And here’s episode 1 if you want to get caught up.
7. CO: Inside scoop on the world-record lake trout.
8. WI: Lake Winnebago NWT is happening May 17-18.
Out of Oshkosh. Some great info here on what pros Jason Przekurat and Kevin McQuoid are expecting.
9. MT crews collected 67 mil walleye eggs for the year.
10. CAN: Some “Walleye Wars” dates are set.
Catch-photo-release style derby thru Angler’s Atlas where folks register their longest walleye caught for a shot at some serious dough and prizes. Can now register for 3 of the 4 events, just waiting on Manitoba dates to be set:
11. AB: Oil spill putting Athabasca River walleye at risk.
12. MN: Winterkill takes toll on some popular Kandiyohi County lakes.