1. MN: Just how healthy is Mille Lacs?
Guess we’ll find out. The DNR is gearing up for its fall assessment where they’ll determine the health of the lake’s fish population and use it to set next year’s harvest levels.
> Researchers will be using gill nets to sample small fish such as yellow perch and tullibee that walleye like to eat. They also will use electrofishing and gill netting to find out how the lake’s walleye and northern pike are faring.
> “…will give us the idea of the relative number of adult fish out there and the health of the population, and the recruitment of year classes coming up behind that strong 2013 year class that’s really been driving the fishery.”
2. ND: Stocked a record 12 mil ‘eyes…
…this year in 130 lakes. Check out this potato gun AKA fry cannon:
Looks like a killer shore spot in a few years!
3. MI: Taylor/McDonald win Sault Ste. Marie MWC.
Don’t know the winning deets yet, but do know that Tom Taylor and Keith McDonald won — by nearly 10 lbs — with a 2-day bag of 49-03:
Smile guys, you won! Check the 2018 MWC schedule here.
4. MN: TWF Open on Leech Lake, Sep 10.
Could also win your way into the National Team Championships to fish for hundreds of thousands of $$$$$$.
5. MN: Fishing to End Hunger charity tourney, Gull Lake, Oct 7.
Great cause, big walleyes and a $15K payday for 1st. Also a great chance to outfish the snot outta TW’s Brett McComas (not hard lol). More deets here.
6. Underwater cameras not just for ice fishing.
Have you seen the new Aqua-Vu Live Strike system yet?
Real life video games lol. Way more info and video of it in action here.
7. Mercury donating to Hurricane Harvey efforts…
…with parts/equipment including engines, inflatable boats, life jackets, etc. #Stout
8. NY: Antidepressants found in fish.
> …scientists tested the water and examined fish from the river, and found traces of 22 different drugs and their by-products in their bodies. Many of the drugs were antidepressants.
> The drugs undermine fish development and reproduction, and hurt their ability to catch prey.
9. ON: Ministry cracks down on fishing violations.
During a special 1-day sting. Shouldn’t every day be a sting? Said the charges were for:
- Fishing without a license
- Fishing with an artificial light to attract fish
- Over-limits of crappie and largemouth bass
- Using a spear for the purpose of fishing
WTHeck is wrong with people? #RespectTheResource
Have a shot at winning this massive pile of goodies from Lund Boats worth $500-ish! They make dream rigs for walleye-nuts and have the gear to match. Same thing as before: just click here to enter. Good luck!!