Guess slabs THAT big call for extra shoulder room, ‘cuz check how James and Konnor set their Otter X-Over shacks up side by side…couple of clamps to keep ’em pinned = awesome idea:
2. WI: Group says lowering water levels in Lake Winnebago…
…would help reduce blue-green algae blooms. Don’t worry Sprengel…the Fox-Wolf Watershed Alliance says they’d only need to drop the lake by 1.2″ to:
> “…Help restore aquatic plants and water quality by allowing sunlight to reach the bottom in more of the lake during critical plant growth periods…aquatic plants produce oxygen, stabilize sediment and compete with algae for nutrients.”
Hard to imagine a 1.2″ drop making that big of a difference, but these guys would be the ones to know….
3. ND: Geremy Olson new AIM tourney director…
…for the NoDak series.
4. MI plans to improve Lake Erie water quality.
5. ND: Devils Lake update (video).
Vid on the current ice conditions and fishing report leading into the 35th Annual Devils Lake Volunteer Fire Dept tourney happenin’ this weekend.
6. You see the Lunkerhunt Fillet yet?
It’s a 3″ rattlebait you can get in a heavy 1-oz size, or 3/8-oz if you’d rather. Awesome colors in usual Lunkerhunt fashion:
7. Yo-Zuri’s giving away 1 mile of fluorocarbon…
…on their Facebook page. That’s two 1,000-yard bulk spools of their TopKnot 100% Fluorocarbon. Tried it, liked it. Didn’t know they had mega bulk spools….
8. Johnnie Candle gets PowerTran for 2019.
PowerTran’s been making marine accessories (jack plates, trim tabs, etc) for 30+ years.
9. SD: GFP hiring bunch of positions.
10. New marketing person at Shimano.
Congrats, Sarah Burke!
11. MN: 6th annual Wheeler’s Point ice derby…
…happenin’ Feb 7 on Lake of the Woods. Love that you could get paid for catchin’ a burbot.
12. More people buying BIG outboards.
Link says 2018 outboard sales were up 5.9% overall, but engines rated 200-hp and above were up 20.8%. #GetUpAndGo
13. KY: 201,000+ lbs of Asian carp gone so far.
And that’s since Jan 1! Commercial fishermen are doing some serious damage on ’em. Now what…cat food, fertilizer, or cheap alternative to a walleye dinner? Lol.
14. Johnny Morris/Bass Pro Shops entering ATV biz.
Believe Arctic Cat is making ’em, then branded Tracker.