Man, does that ever bring back memories. Do you remember when every single diehard ice fisherperson had one of those Lowrance iFinder H20 handheld GPS units? I thought there was going to be a riot when they stopped making ’em.
7. Bennington + Yamaha donate outboards to…
…nation’s top high school marine training program:
> “Bennington…donated a T50 outboard and an F200 outboard to Impact Institute, a Yamaha Marine Technical School Partner in Kendallville, IN. Yamaha matched the donation with a 4.2-liter F300 V6 outboard. Students will use the motors and a certified Yamaha curriculum to gain a comprehensive understanding of the brand’s outboard power systems and add value to Yamaha marine dealers around the country.”
8. NY: Proposed reg changes for bigger panfish.
Part of an experimental program (would run from 2022–2025) to grow bigger sunfish and crappies. The proposals include:
- Reducing the sunfish statewide daily harvest limit from 50 to 25.
- Increasing the crappie statewide minimum size limit from 9″ to 10″.
- Implementing an 8″ minimum size limit and a daily harvest limit of 15 for sunfish in [these 11 lakes] chosen for their potential to grow larger sunfish.
9. RBFF prez, Frank Peterson, announces retirement.
> The Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation (RBFF) resident and CEO Frank Peterson announced he will step down…on Dec 31, 2021, and will retire on Feb 28, 2022. Peterson’s retirement comes as RBFF continues its mission to increase participation in recreational boating and fishing, thereby helping to conserve and restore aquatic natural resources throughout the U.S.
10. WI DNR battling invasive carp on the Mississippi R.
> …conducting an intensive invasive carp removal effort in Pool 8 of the Mississippi River near La Crosse thru Oct 29.
11. I gotta call out the description…
…for the StrikeMaster Lazer hand auger on SM’s site – check this out:
> “The snickering stops when someone brandishes a Lazer. A hand-auger, yes, but one with ninja skills and blades like Japanese throwing stars. In the right hands, the Lazer cuts to the quick, outpacing off-brand, bottom feeding hand-augers, even cheap gas-augers.”