1. MN: Walleye season sort of closes Sunday.
For the majority of the state, BUT not Lake of the Woods. Being a border water up der to da north, they have some special extended seasons:
> Fish houses can be on ice through Mar 31st…walleyes and saugers open through Apr 14…pike open all year!
Sitting on dang near 5′ of ice right now, so it’s not going away anytime soon. Might be one of those years where you can both ice fish and fish out of a boat (on the Rainy River) in the same weekend — doesn’t get much better than that!
2. ND: Devils Lake benefit tourney.
Happening Mar 2nd outta Woodland Resort:
> “All proceeds benefit Wounded Warriors Guide Service, a 501C3 non-profit organization helping injured veterans experience the outdoors” #Stout
3. New Clam tungsten open-water jigs.
Tungsten’s all the rage on ice and now Clam is bringing it to the open-water. The new Drop Tg jig has a smaller profile and higher sensitivity than lead:
4. MN: MLFAC vs DNR…round 147.
Guess the Mille Lacs Lake Fishery Advisory Committee (MLFAC) isn’t happy with the outside panel review of DNR data on Mille Lacs Lake…though not sure the two sides will ever completely agree?
5. Is the Tak Logic “Lure Lock” magic?
> …placed a proprietary gel into the bottom of the trays, which secures hooks, terminal tackle and lures…prevents them from jostling around during travel…just place your tackle on the gel…even when boxes are turned upside down or shaken, tackle stays perfectly in place.
Will be able to buy the magical gel insert separately too if you wanna add it to the boxes you already have.
6. MN: Walleye fishin’ workshop Mar 17….
…at the Cabela’s in Rogers. Learn up from walleye pro Brian Bashore.
7. Honda redesigned some outboards.
BF200, BF225 and BF250:
8. Garmin pursuing connected gadget direction too.
Also, Q4 revenue was up 24% in marine.
9. Pursuit Channel getting Nielsen rated.
10. LA: Legislator wants bounty program for Asian carp.
11. Why all the hate on Asian carp.
> “…are filter feeders, with long gillrakers to strain zooplankton, which is the same food young gamefish eat before switching to minnows and shad. The more these fish become established, the more they have the capability to outcompete native species.”
12. Non-native shrimp expanding in Great Lakes.